STATE FAIR - AUGUST 21, 2008

Went to the State Fair, yuckier than usual. Got a fairly decent picture of me at the Indiana Jones exhibit.
The entire theme of the fair this year was Hollywood so lots of movie stuff including original props from some movies. There was the Delorean from Back to the Future and a few other things I can't remember. The fair is the same old crap every year, all that "As Seen on TV" stuff. There were a couple of cool things in the art exhibits which are my favorite buildings anyway. They had a horse, not the whole body, made out of driftwood and an entire bear.


Saw some kittens, especially cute and weird was a Hairless Sphynx, it was licking Vic's finger like crazy, must have been the broasted chicken or the deep fried Spam. She's so odd I don't think I could deal with a cat that looked like that but she was so sweet.
Ok, I mentioned the deep fried Spam which was gross. I love Spam but not this, the batter wasn't crispy and the Spam was raw inside. I like my Spam crispy. Now, I finally got the deep fried Snickers this year and Yum-O. I loved it, the Snickers was all melty inside the batter. I like my chocolate soft and melty so it was right up my alley.
What they did this year was to offer free parking before 4 p.m. on Monday and Thursday and $5 admission before 5 p.m. on the same days. So it only cost $5 to go and I controlled myself with the food, the Snickers, a soda, a corndog, got out of there for under $20. Didn't buy a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment