TEXTURE TUESDAY - LIGHT

Today’s Texture Tuesday theme over at Kim Klassen is “light”.   So, I went searching through my pictures for something representing light.  I didn’t want to do my usual sunset or flower shot so found this one taken inside Preston Castle back in 2010.  I think I posted some pictures on here a few years ago.  They have a website besides the Facebook page but I couldn’t get it to open, maybe it was just me http://www.prestoncastle.com.  Looking at the pictures makes we want to go again.  This is an old reform school that was called the Preston School of Industry and was closed in the 1960’s I believe.  There has been a long struggle to get the place restored and it’s worth every cent.  This shot is inside one of the rooms with light streaming through the windows.  I dodged and burned and used Kim’s texture called enlightened (because of the name of course) at softlight 55% and overlay 31%.  I’ll attach a couple more pictures of the castle for your enjoyment.  It is located in Ione, CA., which is near Sacramento.  If you are ever in the area I highly recommend going, however, they are only open at certain times so check the schedule, they also have special tours, Halloween, Christmas, ghost tour, etc. 

DSCN4176 DSCN4211 DSCN4220 DSCN4262 DSCN4324

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous images, the top one is so lovely with the light coming in behind the door which is framing it so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete