MY IRIS FINALLY BLOOMED – TEXTURE TUESDAY

I got two iris rhizomes two years ago from a great iris farm in Loomis, CA. called Horton's Iris Garden.  They open every April and May to acres and acres of beautiful iris of all types and colors.  You can walk around with an order form and check off what you want to buy and then come back in August to pick up your rhizomes.  I got two the year before last and neither bloomed last year (damn my black thumb) despite my following the fertilizing schedule.  One looked like it was going to bloom but nothing happened and the other got attacked by snails.  This year I had better luck and the yellow one bloomed and it’s beautiful, the other one, meh!!!  Here’s my iris both a regular shot in which I held a black piece of foam core behind it for the photo and then used one layer of Kim Klassen 1402 magic texture.  The other one I solarized and used two layers of 1402.  Hop on over to Texture Tuesday at Kim Klassen to see everyone’s marvelous photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment