JANUARY CURE

I am attempting to follow the Apartment Therapy January Cure to make my home the best it can be for 2013.  It’s time to take some control of this house, the clutter, the dust bunnies, the gomi (Japanese for rubbish, trash, garbage, dust).  I never figured I would actually do all the things in the cure, or in the time prescribed, but what the hell, even one thing is an improvement.  Let’s see what I can accomplish.
DAY 1:  Make a List of Projects (Wed. Jan. 2)
Ok, I can do this one.
ENTRY
Closet needs cleaning, purging, organizing
KITCHEN   
Pantry, throw out expired food, organize
Island, donate stuff I don't use and organize.
DINING ROOM
Clean out sideboard
Clean out secretary desk
LIVING ROOM
Entertainment center, dust and organize
Drawer in end table, clean it out.
HALL
Linen closet, get rid of old stuff
HALL BATHROOM
Paint
New shower curtain
MASTER BEDROOM
Clean out dresser
Do something about the boxes under the bed
MASTER BATHROOM
Clean out vanity
Clean out medicine cabinet.
OFFICE
Clean out 2 file cabinet drawers
Ok, that’s the list.  The assignment says to resist the temptation to dive in and start cleaning or moving things around. Noooo problem, I can resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment